SHaRON is a safe and anonymous environment where people can both receive support and help others who are in, or have been through similar situations.
SHaRON is available anytime, anywhere with an internet connection and available 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year for its members. On SHaRON you will find BHFT staff and volunteers supporting members of the SHaRON community going through similar challenges to one another. The personal characteristics we look for in our volunteers are:
- Friendly and empathic
- Clear understanding of confidentiality
- Good interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm, reliable and punctual
- Able to work as part of a team
If you feel you have these characteristics and would like to get involved in volunteering with us to support members of SHaRON, please click on the link below for more information.
As a volunteer you can work flexible hours to suit you and you will be fully supported in this role. What we offer:
- Local induction from a friendly team
- Moderation training within SHaRON
- Ongoing supervision and support from the service
- An opportunity for an insight into supporting people digitally
- Holding a volunteer contract provides an opportunity to develop skills for your CV
For further information on volunteering with BHFT please view this page. If you would like to discuss volunteering with SHaRON in more detail please contact the SHaRON team via the contact page. (Please note you will need to be aged 18 or older to work on the SHaRON platform)
My husband says how much better I've been since joining SHaRON, it's amazing, thank you.Dizzy